Life is like a toilet roll theory
Its 4.20 AM, a cold & quiet Friday night or rather, Saturday morning. Just changed the light bulb of the toilet & took a shower. Now, waiting for my hair to dry before heading to bed. Well, hasn't done any blogging for quite awhile. Been quite busy lately.
Perhaps because its quiet in the night, alot of thoughts are now running in my mind, like my past, my life now, what I want, what is gonna happen & stuff. Come to think of the past, well, just like that, I lived 21 years. I have been through primary school naive life, secondary school fun & rebellious life, poly's growing up life & now, in the Navy. Well, doesn't all of you feel that as we grow older, we will have lesser & lesser time for ourselves? I remembered when I was in Primary school, maybe its just me, I do not have any CCA & study ain't a problem, often, after school, I will head home & have a whole noon & eve with cartoon network or my toys. It always seems like I had so much time to play with my toys, watched so many cartoons. A day was long & more then enough. When I got into secondary school, at then, it seems like suddenly, I have so little time for myself! Work loads were more, schooling hours are slightly longer with CCA to attend to. It was like so different. Also, I am exposed to more kind of fun, enjoyment & stuff. Its like lesser time, more fun things to do. So as I am totally not a good student, after 4 years of last minute struggling, I graduted & well, luckily got into TP. Poly life...its a totally different thing from the previous primary school or secondary life. How the system works, how the life of a poly student, basically everything changed, only "you are still a student" remains the same. At poly, its way lesser time. At times, schooling hours, stretches to 6 PM? It felt like I had totally no time for myself. Everyday go to school, study, go home, eat, sleep. It was so.."no free time". Even though I worked part-time for most school holidays since secondary 3, but after poly, I so called, really had a chance to step into the real working world. At then, I really know what is "life". Everyday, waking up, maybe by 7.30 AM, rush to work. End work at 6 PM, reaching home about 7 PM, have dinner, watch TV for awhile, then head to sleep. Every Monday waiting for Friday to come, every Friday hope weekend don't end so fast. So thats the real "life" is all about. More to it, working life, do not have 2 months of school holiday. You just have barely 2 weeks or so of leaves.
Don't you guys find it, a day passed so quickly more & more as you grow up? It goes back to the, "life is like a toilet roll" theory. When we were kids, we are like new toilet rolls. A day is just like 1 full round of the toilet roll, was so long. As we grow older, we are used toilet rolls. The toilet roll become smaller & smaller & 1 full round, its shorter & shorter. Perhaps we have lesser & lesser time for ourselves? Or perhaps, we get so used to a day already..?
I guess all of you guys thought of what you wanted in life, no matter in terms of field of study or work, the kinda life, the dream r/s & every other things. Actually ask yourself, did you really chase your dreams? Where we are heading now, it is what you really wanted? Its Singapore that made us forget our dreams & live so peacefully or is it we, that don't chase our dreams that made Singapore peaceful?
Um..Its about 5.20 AM now. Whoa..I took an hour. Ughh...I am tired. Will have another entry soon, updating on recents doing...good night!
Perhaps because its quiet in the night, alot of thoughts are now running in my mind, like my past, my life now, what I want, what is gonna happen & stuff. Come to think of the past, well, just like that, I lived 21 years. I have been through primary school naive life, secondary school fun & rebellious life, poly's growing up life & now, in the Navy. Well, doesn't all of you feel that as we grow older, we will have lesser & lesser time for ourselves? I remembered when I was in Primary school, maybe its just me, I do not have any CCA & study ain't a problem, often, after school, I will head home & have a whole noon & eve with cartoon network or my toys. It always seems like I had so much time to play with my toys, watched so many cartoons. A day was long & more then enough. When I got into secondary school, at then, it seems like suddenly, I have so little time for myself! Work loads were more, schooling hours are slightly longer with CCA to attend to. It was like so different. Also, I am exposed to more kind of fun, enjoyment & stuff. Its like lesser time, more fun things to do. So as I am totally not a good student, after 4 years of last minute struggling, I graduted & well, luckily got into TP. Poly life...its a totally different thing from the previous primary school or secondary life. How the system works, how the life of a poly student, basically everything changed, only "you are still a student" remains the same. At poly, its way lesser time. At times, schooling hours, stretches to 6 PM? It felt like I had totally no time for myself. Everyday go to school, study, go home, eat, sleep. It was so.."no free time". Even though I worked part-time for most school holidays since secondary 3, but after poly, I so called, really had a chance to step into the real working world. At then, I really know what is "life". Everyday, waking up, maybe by 7.30 AM, rush to work. End work at 6 PM, reaching home about 7 PM, have dinner, watch TV for awhile, then head to sleep. Every Monday waiting for Friday to come, every Friday hope weekend don't end so fast. So thats the real "life" is all about. More to it, working life, do not have 2 months of school holiday. You just have barely 2 weeks or so of leaves.
Don't you guys find it, a day passed so quickly more & more as you grow up? It goes back to the, "life is like a toilet roll" theory. When we were kids, we are like new toilet rolls. A day is just like 1 full round of the toilet roll, was so long. As we grow older, we are used toilet rolls. The toilet roll become smaller & smaller & 1 full round, its shorter & shorter. Perhaps we have lesser & lesser time for ourselves? Or perhaps, we get so used to a day already..?
I guess all of you guys thought of what you wanted in life, no matter in terms of field of study or work, the kinda life, the dream r/s & every other things. Actually ask yourself, did you really chase your dreams? Where we are heading now, it is what you really wanted? Its Singapore that made us forget our dreams & live so peacefully or is it we, that don't chase our dreams that made Singapore peaceful?
Um..Its about 5.20 AM now. Whoa..I took an hour. Ughh...I am tired. Will have another entry soon, updating on recents doing...good night!


<< Home