Thursday, August 25, 2005

Ignorance is a Bliss...

What is growing up? It ponders me. When we were a kid, we wanted everyone to treat us like grown ups, give us all the freedom in the world, wanted all the time to have fun outside school. But now, seriously, you have all the freedom in the world, don't need to study anymore, why do you miss school? I really wonder, what is it good about growing up that we once persuaded? Growing up, I learnt to be selfish, learnt to be unfair, learnt to be afraid, harder & harder to be satisfied. What's good about growing up then? More responsiblies & less time for myself? As I grow up, I experienced more, fell down in relationship & stand up again, seen the uglier side of the world, I started to be afraid at times. I became protective & pay more attention for myself. I begin to be unfair to others & put myself as priority. Why? Maybe because I had bad experiences? I don't know either. Now, I find myself harder & harder to be pleased. When I was younger, perhaps I would be happy with some games. Now, I have games, have sports, have parties, buy nice clothes every now & then, about all I can enjoy at this age, yet I am still not satisfy. I want more. I want more parties, more games, more clothes. I want car & so much more. Remember Chinese New Year when we were a kid? One day of Lunar New Year seems so long and full of fun. We were so happy. How bout now? I admit, I still look forward to it, I am still very happy about it, but the level of happiness, is not as much as before. Its a different kind of feeling already. A day seems so short. Also, the food don't taste as nice either. Why? Maybe because we were ignorance at then? I really wonder...